Friday 23 August 2013

30th Birthday


Hi, I was asked today to make a card for a guy who likes to ride racing bikes.
I had this Fancy That Retro Bicycle die,


so I cut it out of a thin metal sheet, cut and modified the handlebars and the T bar to reshape it.
I hope it looks more like a racing bike!

I'm going to link up to a few challenges.

At Less is More, the theme is Round & Round.

I used snippets to cut out pieces of the bicycle, so I'm visiting the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.

At Crafting with Dragonflies , the theme is to make a card for a guy or Father's Day.

Cuttlebug Mania, has the theme of Anything Manly. You need to use a manual die cutting machine like my Cuttlebug or a Big Shot and also include a die cut or use an embossing folder in your project.

At Crazy For CAS the challenge is to use wet or dry embossing on your card.

Materials used: Fancy That Retro Bike die; Metal sheet; Memory Box Parker Number die; Stately Embossing folder; Darkroom Door sentiment stamp and Versafine ink; glossy accents and pop dots.

Thanks for visiting :)

20 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This is fabulous Cathy and I can tell you've worked hard on restyling the bike. You certainly deserve credit with those challenges. X

Susan Hogan said...

Wow - what a super die cut and your use of it is amazing. The card is fabulous - looks so effective. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our male/Fathers Day card challenge.

Loll said...

Hi Cathy. LOVE the bike!! Great job of reshaping it ... definitely looks like a racing bike. Fabulous textured backdrop. Perfect CAS design! Loll xx

Ina G said...

Fabulous CAS card. Perfect for a male and really love what you did to the bicycle.Thanks for joining in on our current challenge over at Crafting with Dragonflies. Ina

roffeycreations said...

This looks fabulous... love the metal & back very effective... Mxx

Di said...

Wahoo, so clever Cathy! Love this card and great work on the bike.

Hugs, Di xx

rachel said...

cool bike Cathy and a fab CAS card! Hugs Rachel x

Sarn said...

Totally brilliant collaboration of image and sentiment.
Hugs
Sarn xxx

Chrissie said...

This is great fun Cathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Carol L said...

I love how you altered the die to create a racing bike! Genius! The card looks perfect with that textured card stock and CAS design! NJ!

Karen M said...

I love your fun card and the way you modified that bike is amazing! I bet he loves it - hugs xx

Hettie said...

Great card and love the modifications to the bike. A few years ago I could not find any dies for bikes, but now they seem quite popular now!
Hugs
xx

Bonnie said...

Love that die! And what you did with the metal is awesome! I'll be he loves this card!

Kimbo said...

Fabulous card Cathy. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

Darnell said...

You are amazing with your ability to work with miniatures like this, Cathy! It is perfection!!

Thank you for your sweet get well wishes! I'm afraid there is no Playhouse reorg happening. I'm more sore than I thought I would be, so I'm taking it easy and being treated like a Queen! Hugs, Darnell

Kerry said...

Wow, love your bike and it looks so effective using metal. Thank you for joining in at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

Ela said...

Hi,

I love the way you modified the bike, I'd never even have thought it possible...

See you
Ela

anja curvers said...

This is such a beautiful card love that little bike. Thank you for joining us over at crazy for CAS.

Deepti said...

This is the cutest bicycle :) and the genius is the use of metal sheet :) simply ah-mazing

happyglitzygirl said...

Great die, wonderful card, love it , thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies,blessings Hilde