Sunday 20 July 2014

Floral Flourish


Hi, I had a break from my craft room recently due to quite a few other things that were happening, some good, and some otherwise! Hopefully things will settle for a little while now.

This card started out as 2 pieces of flourish left from another project and 1 flower. It was for a sketch challenge, but it kept growing LOL!
The die is a fairly new purchase, MFT leaf filled flourish. I can cut 5 from a piece of card and then use up the scraps for bits of leafy flourish. My snippets habit is getting a bit compulsive!

The flowers were stamped, fussy cut and coloured with inktense pencils in carmine pink and shiraz. Great name for a colour! I shaped them a bit using a stylus on a  mouse pad and popped them up with foam dots.

I'm visiting the snippets playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop. I thought I was in time for last week's fun but the gates had shut, so I'm an early bird this week!

The theme at Addicted to Stamps & More is CAS.

Materials used:
 Stampin Up flower shop stamp; MFT leaf filled flourish die; distress inks; inktense pencils; black opal stickles in the flower centres; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting :)
Cathy x

15 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Lovely card...great way to use up those little bits. Sometimes I find a whole leafy spray is too big and often cut them down! This is a great snippets card.

roffeycreations said...

Great florals Cathy - loving the leafy scroll too ... Mxxx

Julie B said...

Love those flourishes and fab dogwood flowers in my favourite colour.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week. :)

Jenny L said...

Hi Cathy,
what a super snippets card. Love your super flowers.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Di said...

Really pretty card Cathy and such gorgeous flowers! I know what you mean about snippets becoming addictive :)

Hugs, Di xx

Neets B said...

This is gorgeous, you've coloured those flowers superbly. And I like the hammered card base too. Thanks for joining the CAS challenge at ATSM this week, Anita x

Angela said...

How do I love this card... let me count the ways. The colors, the theme (I love flowers), the clean white base and etc... Just plain beautiful, Cathy!

Deepti said...

This is so beautiful, Those blooms look amazing :) thank you for sharing with ATSM!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Cathy, love snippet card - those flowers are stunning. Elizabeth xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty....

Carol L said...

This is one STUNNING card! Those flowers have been gorgeously colored, and the flourishes look wonderful. I especially like that dimpled cardstock - what a fantastic combination of crafting supplies!

Bonnie said...

Pretty flowers and flourish! I think you're going to really enjoy that flourish die!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Cathy ... fantastic shading and shaping ... just lovely! Anita :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very pretty with some nicely intense colors! I like your slightly textured card base for this card. It adds a little something.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful card Cathy... love both flowers and dies used... great work. Shaz in Oz x