Friday 13 January 2017

Yupo and alcohol ink flower.


Hi again, it's been so hot outside that I've been cooped up in the craft room!
Except when I dawdle out to jump in the pool, the water temp is 30 degrees but it's all in the mind right lol!

I used up the rest of my yupo alcohol ink panel that I made the other day to diecut  this flower. The yupo needs to pass a few times through the cuttlebug as it has a plastic coating. I diecut a black flower and inlaid the yupo petals into it.

This is a new to me stamp set called scripty sayings. The squiggle is the length of a card so I masked off an area near the embossed border to contain it.

I'm linking up to these challenges.

At AAA Cards the theme is hello!


At the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge you need to use liquid colours in creating a CAS mixed media card.

I've used masking to stamp the sentiment, wet embossing, alcohol inks, dry embossed a frame and used the inlay technique to assemble the petals.

The challenge at Work it Wednesday is new,

workitwedbanner

Supplies:

Memory Box tilth floral die; yupo paper; alcohol inks and blending solution, isopropyl alcohol; Lawn Fawn scripty sayings stamp; versafine ink & clear ep, Stately embossing folder.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

16 comments:

sandie said...

Gorgeous mix of colours and really like the design of the sentiment, thanks for joining AAA

Glennis F said...

So pretty!

Loll said...

Your AI flower is gorgeous. Really pops with the black framing --- great design Cathy!! Thanks again for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Brenda in IN said...

I love your alcohol inks projects. The colors are so pretty together and that die really shows off the inking.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Alcohol ink die cut flower Cathy. Love your idea of for your lined in black flower. I always add an extra shim (eg.CS) when die cutting a piece of yupo. Works great. TFS your CAS beauty and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs

Susanne Vargas said...

That flower looks stunning with this technique!

Cat Craig said...

Oh I hope that is 30 degrees Centigrade...fabulous flower.

baileyrosy.com said...

Never heard of yupo but then again I'm always behind the times. What an amazing flower really jumps out at you. Love the squiggly sentiment perfect for this card.

Marie

Georgiana said...

Your flower looks great. I need to Google about this Yupo ink. I have seen a few posting about it and am curious.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful flower, Cathy! All that white space lets is show off beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Liz said...

Love this card, the alcohol ink flower is stunning! xx

Anita in France said...

Striking and lovely, Cathy ... what a beautiful bloom! Hugs, Anita :)

Karren said...

The black frame around the flower really makes those gorgeous Yupo petals pop. Gorgeous card!

roffeycreations said...

Love this flower... Mxxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty!! I am having a blast playing with my Yupo and AI's
xx Karen

BożenA said...

Great marbled drawing made AI. I love how amazing you arranged sentiment on the card.
BożenA xoxo