Sunday 2 April 2017

Oxide inks and diecuts.


Hi everyone, I did some experimenting with distress oxide inks on watercolour paper, it was great fun!
I did some die cutting to make use of them, and am entering a few challenges.

At Outside the Box the theme is celebrating Mum, plenty of time to get ready for mother's day.
Challenge2
I've used Memory Box dies, fairytale flower border and moonlight butterfly.

AAA Cards where the theme is die cuts. 


I've inlaid the border die, so this fits the theme at CAS Mixup Card Challenge.
I've used this technique, stamping, wet embossing, vellum and smooshing with distress oxide inks.
I won the stamp when Darnell was having a destash, I love this font so thank you again Darnell


At Simon Says Stamp Monday, it's things with wings.

Simon Monday Challenge Blog Logo

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday has an anything goes challenge.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog Logo

Supplies:

Memory Box fairytale flower border and moonlight butterfly dies; Casual Fridays Mum's the word sentiment stamp; versafine ink & clear ep; distress oxide inks; scrap of blue sparkle vellum.

Thanks for visiting,
enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Cathy x

19 comments:

rosiejt said...

what a lovely card!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Kathy :-) I love the border and the butterfly, so pretty and the colours are fabulous! LOVE it :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday Challenges
Luv
Lols x x x

rachel said...

So very pretty cathy...lovely xx

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful! I just got a few Oxide inks and played once. They do blend so wonderful and easy. Your card is lovely. That MB fairy tale die is lovely.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful colors, Cathy! I love the flower border and the different surface the oxide ink gives. I can see it very well on the butterfly! A beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful Cathy. Those dies cuts are fabulous made from your oxide panels.

Loll said...

A beautiful design, Cathy! I love your watercoloured flower sprig and butterfly. The oxide inks have such different colours. I really need to get them! :) Great job with inlaying your pretty watercoloured leaves and flowers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A very beautiful card Cathy, the colours are gorgeous and so well blended.

Love and hugs
Maarit

nancy littrell said...

I love how you used your DOX inks for your pretty inlaid die cut flower border and die cut butterfly. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs...

Sandra said...

Such a pretty card, love the oxides. Great effect and colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

BożenA said...

I fell in love with this butterfly for lacking a clear pattern on the wings. Thanks to that he looks like a Pseudophilotes vicrama ( in polish modraszek). And I love the modraszki. Great card !!

nancy littrell said...

Whoops...I meant CAS Mix Up..Hugs..

Jo said...

Beautiful card, that inlay is truly rich in colour and the butterfly to match is perfect.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

roffeycreations said...

Love the colours and delicate elegance of this one... Mxxx

Anita in France said...

Simply lovely, Cathy ... the soft colours are beautiful! Hugs, Anita :)

Pat said...

Those DOx inks are really pretty and the inlaid die cut using them looks great Cathy, and I love the butterfly painted with them too. A gorgeous card! x

Marcia said...

Your card is so beautiful!! I love how you used the oxide inks. I'm so inspired to get inky with my oxides.

Laura said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the combination of the Oxide ink and the dies. Thank you so much for participating in the Memory Box April challenge.

Patt H. said...

Awesomely beautiful!! Love it!