Tuesday 24 April 2018

Vintage flowers.


Hi everyone, I was excited to be asked to play along as a guest designer at

I have a lot of old stamps, in fact I seek out ones I missed from Stampin Up on a couple of 2nd hand auction sites here in Australia! I told hubby it's a legitimate form of collecting lol!

To play along with the challenge there is this gorgeous pic for inspiration,



and these are the guidelines:

Remember to use a stamp older than a year and you must include the age (or approximate age) of the stamp in your blog post. After all – we want to give these old stamps some love!

This stamp is from a Stampin Up set called Summer Solstice and it dates around 2011.
I stamped it in versafine, clear embossed, and fussycut it. I also cut along the edges of the petals, so thet when I shaped the flower it allowed the petals to move and separate for dimension.

The flowers are coloured with distress markers in spun sugar and worn lipstick, with a touch of vintage photo distress ink at the edges. The flourish die is cut from a scrap of watercolour paper coloured with jade infusions powder.

I'm also linking up to the flower power challeneg at Simon Says Stamp Monday,

Simon Monday Challenge Blog Logo

and to the anything goes option at Seize the Birthday.



Using snippets for the flourishes means I can visit the snippets playground too, so I'm linking up to
Pixie's Crafty Workshop. You only need to use 1 scrap or snippet to play along.

Snippets Playground Badge

Supplies:
SU Summer Solstice stamp and Pretty in Print embossing folder; versafine ink & clear ep; distress markers; prills micro beads; PaperArtsy Infusions-jade; MFT small leafy flourish die; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

16 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Cathy. Lovely embossed background and flowers. I love all the dimension. Congrats on your GD spot!

Brenda in IN said...

The script e/f is pretty with the flowers. Your coloring is lovely and I like seeing older stamps used on cards. We buy so many new stamps so it's nice to give the older ones some love too.

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a sweet card, Cathy! I love all of the texture from the embossing as the background as well as those beautiful flowers. You just keep on collecting those beautiful old Stampin' Up! stamps and play along with us as often as you can! Thank you for joining us as our Guest Designer at Retro Rubber and please come back again soon.

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous texture with the white dry embossing and what pretty flowers x

Mac Mable said...

Also meant to say Congratulations on you guest slot x

Neva Cole said...

Lovely card with sweet details. The embossing is so pretty under the lovely flowers! Glad you were our GDT for Vintage at Retro Rubber!

Lindsey said...

Uh oh, now I need to be on the lookout for that embossing folder! Such a pretty card with the beautifully coloured and shaped flowers. Thanks for linking this up at Seize the Birthday!

sharon said...

Beautiful card and such wonderful colours.
Hugs
sharon :)

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card, the embossing is pretty as a backdrop.

Di said...

Wonderful card Cathy! The embossed background is gorgeous and a perfect base for those wonderful flowers! So funny about you collecting SU's old stamps - a while ago I joined a UK site and listed lots of my pre-loved SU stamp sets. Problem was, at the same time I spotted quite a few 'oldies' that I ended up buying! Not as many but it certainly wasn't the original intention.

Hugs

Di xx

MaryH said...

It's a legitimate form of collecting in MY book! These are really pretty & so textured blossoms, and look just fab on the embossed script background. I have a ton of old wooden block stamps, lots of flowers. If I weren't so busy, I'd have to check out this challenge. TFS

Claire Grantham said...

Amen! It is indeed a legitimate form of collecting :) I love to buy second-hand stamps on eBay and in various groups on Facebook. Your card is gorgeous and I love that beautifully embossed background, very vintage. I am slightly in awe of your colouring. Great to have you with us this time at GDT, hope to to see you in the Retro Rubber gallery soon. Claire DT

Jan Clothier said...

Couldn't agree more - stamp collecting is definitely a well-known hobby! :-)
Your flowers are amazing - so dimensional and such pretty colours. Thanks for guest designing with us this week at Retro Rubber Challenges.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Cathy and thank you for being the Guest Designer at RETRO RUBBER, your card is gorgeous, I have this beautiful set and I haven't used it in a while but you just inspired me to create with it.
I'm all for stamp collection and the RETRO RUBBER challenge gives you the chance to use all of those older stamp sets often.
Thank you for playing along this time and I hope you come back soon.
Hugs.

cheiron said...

Gorgeous texture and flowers! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Flower Power Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog :)

roffeycreations said...

This is just lovely - do I have those stamps!!! Mxxx